Well, golly. Writerlicious (Erin Pike) has nominated The Writerly Life for the Versatile Blogger Award! A happy surprise! Thank you, Erin. I’ve been thinking the blog needs to be tightened up in terms of theme, but maybe it’s coming along all right the way it is. I enjoy being able to “free-range” when I want to. So thanks for the affirmation.
The Versatile Blogger Award comes with some rules, basically about spreading the accolades. So here goes . . .
1.) Thank the person who nominated you.
2.) Share seven things about yourself.
• As an only child, I thought I was the center of the universe. I sometimes still expect to be (but not too often).
• I love good food, either comfort or gourmet: anything salty or sweet, cashews, fresh pear tart, sushi. And chocolate. Not necessarily in that order.
• When it comes to my writing, I’m probably my own harshest critic. Perfectionist? Yes.
• I make really good cornbread dressing (Southern style).
• I’m a cat person. Our current feline Oliver (a foundling part-Siamese, thus the name) has enough neuroses to create a full cast of characters. But he loves me.
• I love poetry. My favorite poet is in-house.
• I’m a lousy birdwatcher. I have to look the birds’ names up over and over, but I love watching them anyway.
3.) Nominate Seven Other Versatile Bloggers.
This part is hard; there are so many talented bloggers! The writers I’m nominating blog on topics that range from cooking and gardening to books, photography, personal reflection, original prose and poetry . . . You name it.
4.) Contact the people you nominated and post your award by linking back to the photo on:
So here’s to the blogging world and to excellence! Enjoy.